I cannot believe it’s November.
November is when I start feeling that transition from anstumn to winter. Post-Halloween means all my attention is on the holidays. And food-wise, while I’m always here for pumpkin, I definitely start thinking along the lines of Thanksgiving flavors.
But I wasn’t about to let pumpkin sail out without a big farewell. On my blog that means a cake (I’m not a huge cake baker, so you know it’s a big deal when I make a cake!) and a list of alllll my favorite pumpkin recipes.
And there are a lot.
This pumpkin cake is frosted with a coconut frosting and topped with unsweetened flaked coconut. It’s sweet and spicy and if you love coconut, this is the fall dessert for you!
The coconut really sweetens the cake and adds a lighter element to the pumpkin flavor, which is traditionally very spicy and rich. This cake subs whole wheat flour for white, coconut oil for butter, and maple syrup for sugar- it’s got lots of healthier swaps to lighten it up! Enjoy xx
If you’re craving even more pumpkin, here are all my vegan pumpkin recipes to date!
- Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache
- Pumpkin Chip Muffins (GF)
- Fresh Pumpkin Ravioli with Portobello Mushroom Filling and Sage Walnut Pesto
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Raw Pumpkin Pecan Breakfast Cookies (GF)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Pudding Cake
- XL Solo Pumpkin Butter Cup (GF)
- Pumpkin Chip Skillet Cookie
- Pumpkin Spice Macaroons (GF)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread with Chocolate Ganache
And here are some of my favorites that I’ve found around the internet this year:
- Chewy Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Malted Pumpkin Lamingtons
- Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Crumble Muffins
- Pumpkin Bites with Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Spice Tim Tams
- Chocolate Covered Roasted Pumpkin Seed Turtle Clusters
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cookies
- Middle Eastern Roasted Pumpkin and Feta Salad
- Pumpkin Mac n Cheese
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Ricotta Gnudi
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Nutella Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- Chocolate Chunk Caramel Pumpkin Blondies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Pecan Bread
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Seed Butter Cups
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Filling
- Three Layer Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 2¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp all spice
- ½ cup coconut oil, chilled
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- scant ¼ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a large bundt pan with coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until golden and beginning to pull away form the pan.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack (about an hour) before inverting.
- Using an electric mixer, beat ½ cup coconut oil until smooth. Add 2-3 cups powdered sugar and beat until absorbed and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Top bundt cake with frosting and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.