Another skillet cookie, so soon?!
Heck yeah. Skillet cookies rest for no one.
So I lost these pictures the first time I made this skillet cookie. I was pretty devastated. I complained. A lot.
But hey, everything happens for a reason! The second time around, I ended up tweaking the recipe a little and I couldn’t be happier with the results.
I love skillet cookies because they hit the cookie craving without all the work of forming all the little cookie dough balls and baking in batches and cooling. This baby is a one-bowl wonder, and in and out of the oven in under half an hour.
Plus, there’s nothing more satisfying than eating a warm cookie with a spoon.
This skillet cookie has pumpkin in it three ways: pumpkin purée, pumpkin butter, and pumpkin pie spice. I’ve been using pumpkin butter like crazy recently, and for good reason. It’s a spicier, richer way to bring fall flavor into desserts.
Studded with chocolate chips and sweetened with dark coconut sugar and maple syrup, this skillet cookie is a perfect balance between fall flavors and classic sweetness.
The first skillet cookie disappeared in under 24 hours, and the second has a significant chunk missing as I write this post. This is a dessert you’ll be making over and over again, I promise.
Give it a try!
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup pumpkin butter (or sub more vegan butter)
- ½-34 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat vegan butter, pumpkin butter, and pumpkin purée with an electric mixer until well combined (1-2 minutes).
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, and coconut sugar and beat for an additional minute until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix well.
- Fold chocolate chips into mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer batter to an ungreased cast iron skillet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Cool before serving.
*for more pumpkin goodness, see all of these recipes!