It may be in the 90s in Connecticut this week, but it’s September and that means pumpkin.
Since I’ve been recipe testing all summer, I’ve bought and consumed many cans of pumpkin already. But somehow it’s just different when it’s season of pumpkin spice lattes.
I’ve actually never had a PSL (because I kinda hate coffee) but say the name and everyone around you knows you’re in the fall spirit!
These pumpkin pecan chip cookie bars were not supposed to be pumpkin pecan chip cookie bars. They were supposed to be pumpkin turtle something-or-others, but I had a few caramel incidents and these were born instead.
These pumpkin pecan chip cookies bars are made all the more [umpkin-y and pecan-y by the pumpkin pecan butter I got at Williams Sonoma. I’m definitely more of a Sur la Table or Crate & Barrel girl, but I did pick up some fun odds and ends at Williams Sonoma, this butter being one of them.
Obviously if you don’t have pumpkin pecan butter, you can sub regular pumpkin or even apple butter!
These blondies are mixed, poured into a pan, and out of the oven to be drizzled with chocolate in 30 minutes or less! This is definitely an easy recipe and only dirties one bowl!
Once they’re cooled, these blondies slice beautifully. Crisp edges, chewy middle, and lots of pecans and chocolate chips for texture…
…Okay can someone make and mail me some of these, like, now? I miss them.
- ½ cup pumpkin pecan butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup mini vegan chocolate chips + 2 tbsp for topping
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line the bottom of a greased 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and pecans in a large mixing bowl with a whisk.
- Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in ½ cup chocolate chips and pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes, until golden.
- Melt 2 tbsp chocolate chips and drizzle over bars.
- Cool to room temp on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
*adapted from Minimalist Baker