You guys. You guys.
This cake is so quick… and so good.
I’m not going to lie- this isn’t one of those super-healthy dairy-free recipes. But this is certainly fall decadence on a plate (in a bowl?).
Ooey gooey pudding cake topped with melty chocolate ganache… I’m drooling just thinking about it. (No, seriously.)
This cake is basically an enormous molten brownie that’s infused with pumpkin and spice and studded with chocolate chips. On top, I poured some of my favorite vegan chocolate ganache. You scoop out the self-saucing pudding with a spoon, and dig in.
It’s as simple as that.
This cake is best right out of the oven, as you may be able to tell from the generous serving I gobbled down while taking pictures at 10 AM.
It’s for the blog, okay????
The pumpkin in this dessert is definitely present, but not overwhelming. The chocolate speaks for itself here!
This entire dish comes together in 20 minutes or less… it’s honestly so easy and such a crowd-pleaser. Grab a ton of friends and some spoons and dig into this cake on Halloween while watching something scary! (That’s actually totally what I want to do on Halloween night now…)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Pour into an ungreased ceramic or glass serving dish and bake for 15-18 minutes or until evenly risen. Let cool on rack.
- Meanwhile, combine almond milk and coconut flour in a small saucepan over high heat and stir until boiling.
- Remove from heat and add coconut oil, stirring until melted.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl and pour milk mixture over top.
- Wait 2-3 minutes until chocolate is melted, and then stir well with a whisk until glossy.
- Pour over cake and serve.
*for other pumpkin recipes, see here!