I love a good mug cake.
While I’m always surrounded by baked goods and desserts at home (this blog is to blame!), sometimes I have a very specific craving, and what’s around just doesn’t satisfy it.
So when I need something to hit the spot, I turn to a mug cake.
My 3-ingredient, super healthy, foolproof chocolate peanut butter mug cake is one of my most popular recipes. Since it’s spring, I decided to give my other flavor of choice fair representation with this lemon white chocolate mug cake!
Considerably less healthy than my vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened mug cake from last year, this lemon white chocolate chip mug cake is still a lighter option, but is definitely decadent enough to satisfy the greatest of sugar cravings. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp egg whites (= 1 egg)
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled (I used earth balance)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- scant ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a large mug (this batter expands a lot!)
- Microwave for 70-80 seconds, until cake has risen and is puffy.
- Top with additional white chocolate chips and serve!
- Note: make sure your butter is cooled so it doesn't cook the egg whites!
*adapted from here