Remember how I said I wasn’t giving up on salads? This is me not giving up.
This salad combined every autumn superfood in one bowl. So not only is it seasonal, but it’s so so good for you.
I came down with a nasty sinus infection a few weeks back, and since then, I’ve been really obsessed with making sure I get all my vitamins.
I’ve been chomping on apples and downing vitamin C gummies like you wouldn’t believe. This salad is packed full of nutrients to stave off cold weather bugs.
A little nutritional science for you, just to convince you to make this salad.
1 cup of kale has 133% of your daily Vitamin A, and 134% of your daily Vitamin C. 1 cup of cubed sweet potato has 344% (!!!!!) of your daily Vitamin A. It has so many other benefits, but that one alone should sell ya. 1 cup of cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein and 15% of your daily iron. And just one ounce of pecans contains 10% of your daily fiber intake.
This healthy vegan salad combines all these superfoods for a nutrient-packed dish! Herb roasted tofu and sweet potato, kale, quinoa, and pecans add nutritional value to this salad. I promise you won’t get sick, just give it a try!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded kale, washed thoroughly
- 7 oz tofu (1/2 a block), cubed
- ¼ cup dry quinoa + ½ cup water (=1/2 cup cooked)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Shaved parmesan for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss cubed tofu and sweet potato with olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, dried herbs, and cumin powder.
- Spread tofu and sweet potato on prepared baking tray and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Set aside to slightly cool on a wire rack,
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Toss warm quinoa and kale in a large bowl and massage salad with hands to soften kale. Add sweet potato and tofu and toss more to combine.
- Top with pecans and shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired.