I need a word for the feeling when you’re simultaneously relieved and disappointed that something is over.
This past weekend, I performed my arangetram, a 2-3 hour solo bharatanatyam dance recital with a live orchestra (that included my dance teacher, who is also my mother!)
The preparation and anticipation for my arangetram was immense, and thankfully everything went according to plan and the event was a huge success!
Now, however, since I’m not practicing dance a million times a week, I’m almost at a loss with how to spend my free time.
Even though the preparation for my arangetram was filled with blood, sweat, and tears, I kind of want to go back and relive it all over again.
But since I can’t, I’m going to make the most of my last month of summer and just chill out.
Which means lots of dorm shopping (I find out room assignments tomorrow!), cooking and baking, and hanging out with friends.
I’m taking it easy for the rest of the summer, and that applies to everything- baking included! These no-bake, vegan, and gluten-free tarts use only 5 ingredients and are totally delicious and perfectly portioned. There just isn’t an excuse NOT to make these!
And for anyone who is curious as to what I looked like on Saturday, a picture from my arangetram photoshoot!
- 1½ cups almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1½ cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Chocolate
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Combine crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined and a sticky dough forms.
- Divide among four mini tart pans and press to cover bottom and sides of each pan.
- Place your chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl.
- Over high heat in a small sauce pan, whisk together Almond Breeze Almondmilk Chocolate and cornstarch, stirring continuously until the mixture is just boiling.
- Pour mixture over chocolate and let rest for 2-3 minutes, allowing the chocolate to melt.
- Whisk together until a silky ganache forms.
- Pour ganache into each tartlet crust and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Serve.
Disclaimer: This “Easy as Breeze” post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. For more “Easy As Breeze” recipes made with five ingredients or less, visit Almond Breeze on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.