I never realize how much I love spring until it’s in full bloom.
I mean, I complain about losing an hour to Daylight Savings, but in reality, that extra hour of light means having more time to enjoy the beautiful weather, not feeling like the day is over at 4pm, and, most importantly, getting 60 more minutes to take pictures of food before the natural light peaces out.
That being said, I’m pretty sure I get super excited about every seasonal change. Well, except maybe that dead period after New Year’s when it’s gross snow sludge until now.
One of my favorite parts of jumping into spring is ALL THE FOOD. Everything is green and fresh and it’s a nice contrast to the heavier meals of winter. Still, I’m fluctuating a lot between bright spring food, and comfort food because we’ve been having so much rain in New England.
Here’s what I’ve been obsessing over recently!
- This deliciously creamy vegan cauliflower mac & cheese
- Pistachio crusted roasted carrots? So much yes.
- I’ve literally never had a kumquat, but these ricotta toasts had me craving some!
- Spring rolls without the fuss of, you know, rolling.
- My love for polenta knows no end, especially when it’s baked.
- Spring means rainbow food and this mediterranean salad fits the bill!
- I’m loving unconventionally baked things, especially this risotto.
- This was the breakfast of champions even before the avocado was thrown on.
- For when you’re craving candy, but you don’t want to ingest every fructose syrup ever.
- Possibly my favorite carrot cake-inspired recipe of the hundreds I’ve been loving this month! But that’s just because I have a muffin obsession.
- Peanut butter and chocolate will never go out of style. Seriously.
- These chocolate bagels are something I’ve never seen before and definitely need to see more of.
- These blondies are so next level- they’re basically three awesome desserts in one.
- These bliss bites look hella addicting, but luckily, are super healthy.
- Same with these strawberry oat bars– one bowl and the filling is so easy to make!
- Also dying over these citrus bars with saffron. Hell yes.
- Vegan nutella cake with whipped frosting. Sign me up please!
Hope you all have a great start to your April (don’t get fooled too many times!) and are enjoying spring as much as I am.