This week has been a lot.
Which is why I’m opting to pop in and out with a quick (but delicious) and easy recipe that I teased on my instagram over the summer.
For those of you in D.C., I encourage you to make your way downtown this evening for protests in front of the Supreme Court alongside Democratic Congresspeople.
For everyone elsewhere, some words:
Always keep fighting, people. Happy Monday.
- 3 oz tofu, cut into thin rectangles
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup dry quinoa
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare tofu, broccoli, and carrots and toss with soy sauce. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes and cool on wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine quinoa, ½ cup water, turmeric powder, ginger, sea salt, and garlic powder. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes. Stir, and then return to microwave for 2 minutes, still covered. Let sit, covered, for 2 additional minutes before fluffing.
- Serve quinoa with roasted veggies and tofu and top or serve with 1 tbsp walnuts. Enjoy!.