Things I love: fresh mozzarella, pesto, and roasted veggies. And baguette.
Yeah, so basically everything in this sandwich.
These babies are super easy and packed full of flavor – it’s a win win!
A lot of the flavor comes from the herbs in the roasted vegetables, so don’t skimp out on those. The type of pesto you use also adds a lot of depth to these sandwiches. You could use your favorite storebought pesto, or make one of my recipes:
- Mint Spinach Walnut Pesto
- Basil, Mint, and Spinach Tahini Pesto
- Sage and Walnut Pesto
- Garlicky Spinach Almond Pesto
- Classic Basil Pesto
These baguette sandwiches are colorful, flavorful, and basically the opposite of a boring desk lunch. While they’re best enjoyed fresh and melty, I can totally see these being dope after 30 seconds in the microwave to melt the cheese.
- 1 large baguette
- ⅓ of a zucchini, sliced
- ⅓ of a bell pepper, chopped
- ½ a tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup broccoli florets, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ cup pesto
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss zucchini, bell pepper, tomato, and broccoli florets with olive oil, garlic powder, parsley, and oregano
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wire rack.
- To assemble sandwiches, cut baguette into thirds and slice along the side. Spread 1 heaping tbsp pesto on baguette and top with roasted veggies and mozzarella.