Happy almost Fourth of July, people!
I’m not huge on the 4th, but I though I’d make my contribution to festive-ish recipes anyway, because it’s pretty fun!
This dish is remarkably easy, but totally delicious! The tomatoes and bell peppers create a sauce for the linguine that’s not too heavy- perfect for a summer cookout on a hot day.
I hope everyone has a relaxing Fourth of July weekend! I’m going to be helping out at a dance show on the 5th, so my week is packed with rehearsals (but it’s all fun!).
Whether you’re traveling, staying at home, celebrating along, with friends, or with family, have a fabulous time off! I feel like Independence weekend always marks the official beginning of summer, and I’m excited to see what this summer brings!
- 8 oz linguine
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved, washed, and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, washed, and sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-8 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Boil pasta in salted water and drain. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine, tomatoes, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and 3 tbsp olive oil and toss till dressed.
- Transfer to a foil lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to 400 F and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Combine pasta, roasted tomatoes and pepper, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and top with basil.
*click here for more of my 4th of July favorites!