Now when I was queuing up all these recipes, finals week was something that seemed so far away (and rightfully so). And that’s why as I post this recipe, I can hardly believe I’m having my last week of classes!
Time really flies, because somehow I’m this close to finishing my first semester of college.
Now the reason I wanted to post this recipe during finals is that it’s just so freaking easy to make, and this is the kind of winter study snack any cold, sleep-deprived college student could want.
I barely ever bake with mixes, but I’d heard that a couple Duncan Hines mixes were vegan, so I decided to bake something with brownie mix.
Now generally you add eggs to boxed mixes. Eggs are kind of like glue- they hold baked goods together. So without eggs, I knew this brownie mix wouldn’t really turn into brownies.
Ooey gooey barely-baked molten brownie goodness.
Top it off with vegan chocolate peanut butter ice cream and crunchy peanuts and you have yourself a diner-worthy vegan brownie sundae that’ll get you through the last week of classes! (And maybe even through exam week?) Enjoy!
- 1 box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (or other accidentally vegan mix)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup So Delicious Soymilk Ice Cream (Peanut Butter Zig Zag)
- Chopped peanuts
- Grease your pan with coconut oil or vegan butter.
- Combine all your brownie ingredients and bake for 20 minutes for pudding-like brownies or 30 minutes for thicker brownies.
- Top with ice cream and peanuts. Serve!