It’s fast approaching finals week and that means that no one (myself included) has time to waste.
Whether it’s blogging or cooking, everyone is a little frantic this time of year.
But just because you’re super busy doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be eating well! That’s why I’m in and out with this quick and easy cauliflower fried rice recipe.
When I’m stressed, I crave carbs and takeout. And to be honest, I usually let myself indulge. But if you’re particularly health conscious and won’t even let study munchies set you back, then this is the recipe for you.
This vegan cauliflower rice is gluten free and vegan optional (just don’t add the egg)! And it takes literally 15 minutes to make. This is the good stuff.
If you still want fried rice, but hate the idea of cauli rice, or are just looking for more ways to recreate your fave takeout recipes, here is some inspiration:
- Green Curry Fried Cauli Rice
- Vegan Pesto Tofu Ricotta Ravioli!
- Loaded Vegan Nachos
- Vegan Pesto Pizza Verde
- One Pot Vegan Mexican Fajita Rice
- 10 Minute Vegan & GF Fried Rice
- Vegan Caprese Ciabatta Pizza
- Easy 15-minute Fajitas!
- 1 cup riced cauliflower (I used Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables of you choice, washed and chopped
- 1 egg white (or whole egg)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small green chile, sliced and seeded
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari, for GF option)
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ginger, chile, garlic, and garlic powder and cook for 1-2 minutes, until sizzling.
- Add vegetables and toss to coat. Cover skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Push vegetables to side of skillet and add riced cauliflower. Mix together and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Make a hole in the middle of the fried rice and add egg white (or egg). Cook for 2-3 minutes, until egg has begun to bubble, and then scramble by mixing egg in with cauliflower and veggies.
- Add soy sauce, turn heat up to high, and keep stirring rice until liquid is absorbed. Add salt to taste and serve.