Today i’m going to be in and out with a quick recipe and not too many words.
Why? It’s been crazy around here lately!
I’ve been doing tech work for dance shows every weekend for a month now in addition to working part-time, so there isn’t a single day (week or weekend!) that I’m not at a rehearsal, show, or at work. It’s nuts.
On top of that, I had an unpleasant experience where I lost about twelve recipes worth of photos. Talk about wasted time, huh?
My food blogger friends will know that we very rarely make the same recipe more than once or twice once it’s done being tested. So rephotographing all my recipes is a hassle I’m not looking forward to during my limited summer time!
It hasn’t been all bad, though. The weather is crazy hot so I’ve been sipping iced coffee and online window shopping in my free time. I’ve also started reading a lot more lifestyle and minimalism blogs, in addition to food blogs. Hit me up in the comments if you have any non-food related blog recs!
This pasta is summer in a bowl. Chimichurri is a sauce usually reserved for meat, so of course I used it in a vegan entrée, because that’s typical me. Lots of fresh herbs and spices bring color and flavor to this unusual pasta dish. Enjoy! xx
- 10 oz angel hair pasta
- ½ cup parsley
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup (4-6 large leaves) fresh basil
- 1 jalapeno, trimmed and seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of half a lemon (1-2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Parmesan for topping (optional)
- In a large pot of heavily salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions (mine took 3 minutes)
- Drain pasta and rinse pot with cold water to cool down.
- In a food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, basil, jalapeno, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil until a pesto-like sauce forms.
- Put pasta back in (cooled) pot and pour sauce over the pasta. Toss with hands or tongs until evenly coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Serve with crushed red pepper flakes and parmesan, if desired.